Monday, May 24, 2010

Rest

I spent a great deal of yesterday just resting.

I had a lot to do but since I was in so much pain, I was kind of wiped out so I just rested.

Today, I am still in a bit of pain, but nothing like yesterday and apparently, my sense of humor and appreciation for the absurdity of life is intact again.

It's something to think about, this idea of actually resting.  Our world and lives are so crazy and there is so little downtime.  I think we need it. I KNOW I do.

I wonder what ways I can build rest into my lifestyle so it doesn't take a day of pain to make me slow down?

2 comments:

  1. This is another one I struggle with. I'm new to this whole "living with others" thing and the lack of down time is logistically problematic. I can imagine with a family - it is more so.

    I've taken to scheduling stuff (This is my time to write in my journal, this is my time to do yoga...). The cats aren't too keen on the concept: Oh, you're not doing anything??? Maybe you need to scritch me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time taking down time in front of people. I always feel like I should be busily taking care of things...

    ReplyDelete