Sunday, May 16, 2010

Eyes

We've had house guests this weekend.

The best sort of house guests--old friends coming for some male bonding time with my husband.  It was the first time they'd been to our house in New York.

Somehow, seeing the house through their eyes made me even more appreciative of the home we've made here.  It's just spectacular weather here, too, which adds to the expansive feeling of contentment.

I'm going to try to hold on to that feeling for as long as possible and capture it for those days when my contentment is hard to find.

1 comment:

  1. OH! Wow. Some day I hope to have house guests and not be beating myself up over how the house looks (Oh clutter! Oh I meant to fix/hang/paint/finish/wash/clean that! -- Clutter in my world gets its own special eye-rolling angst.)

    ReplyDelete